Seasons of a Servant is a collection of visits with the Lord for the past 18 years as we have traveled with Christ's Kingdom Ministries. Christ's Kingdom Ministries ministers to pastors across denominational lines sharing the love of Jesus and encouragement with them.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Enduring Journey: Confession

November 1, 1999
(Charley speaking)
Tonight Karen and I went to a friend’s 90th Birthday Party. While there I sat down at a table with another friend, his wife and daughter and the senior adult pastor at the church. I began sharing the story of Father’s direction in our lives. While I was sharing, this man interrupted me and said, “I have something to share with you. While you have been sharing with me, Father quickened my spirit 3 separate times to ask you, what is your greatest fear?” I did not know what direction he was going and Father gave him this revelation. “The thing that you must fear the most is pride. Satan will suddenly come upon you with pride and the Word says that pride goes before a fall. You must address this continually and stay before Father’s throne.”
This morning when I was on my face before Father, praising Him and worshipping Him, I began confessing before Him that in the midst of the excitement that the doubts and fears had been trying to come in. I have been battling the doubts and fears with satan, and I told Father that I wanted to believe more, trust more, love Him more, and rejoice in Him more.

(Father speaking)
Son, you have been doing well. You have been believing Me, and trusting Me, and loving Me and rejoicing in Me. The work that you and Karen have done on the house and shop has been awesome. You have done everything that I have asked you to do. The house is in order. I said, Lord, is the motor home to be here before we leave and the money? He said, Yes, just keep believing. The motor home will be here. I understand all that is happening right now with you. All you need to do is keep believing and trusting.

(Karen Speaking)
This evening a friend called and wanted to know if I could take her blood pressure. I said yes and she came down immediately. I realized when she got here that she was very distressed. She began crying and exclaiming how afraid she was of dying and leaving her daughter alone. Before I even took her blood pressure, I began praying and rebuking satan in her life. I recognized that she was under heavy attack and that in order to take her blood pressure and for her to see Jesus, we had to do battle right then. After prayer, I took her blood pressure and it was high. We began talking and she was still crying. She was confessing her fear, her failure, her inadequacy, and her embarrassment at being so weak. I began speaking truth from the Word to her. We are only strong in Jesus. Without Him we can do nothing. He is the only reason that we have any strength. I told her not to tell me that she was embarrassed. That this was a lie of satan as was the fear, condemnation, guilt and dread. She began to see through the schemes of the enemy. She began to see all the burden that she had been carrying that was not hers to carry. She began to see how satan had lied to her and deceived her. She has been counseling a couple in trouble and had told them all that she did not believe at this moment. The Lord began to reveal the sin in her life of fear, doubt, unbelief, lack of faith and trust in Him and her eyes were opened to the truth of her situation. Praise God for all He did this evening in her life. I will give her some time and then check on her. Thank you, Lord, for the awesome opportunity to love her and listen to her. Thank You for the words You gave me to tell her that brought confirmation to her spirit. Before she left she spoke that she had been praying in the motor home and that it would be here soon. Thank You, Lord, for this prophetic word.

(Karen speaking, February, 2008)
I look back at these notes written during a time of preparation and seeking the Lord for direction at the beginning of this ministry and realize that we never quit seeking His face and listening to His voice. We have now been doing this work for over 8 years and we still have the same needs and desires which are Father’s plans and purposes for our lives. Every move we make and every word we speak, we want them to be His and only His. We must continue to die to self so that Christ Jesus lives in us so that all we do will give Him honor and glory. These are life lessons and we get so excited to learn these lessons and put them into practice.

Ephesians 5:8-14 “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. Therefore He says: “Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light.”




No comments: