Seasons of a Servant is a collection of visits with the Lord for the past 18 years as we have traveled with Christ's Kingdom Ministries. Christ's Kingdom Ministries ministers to pastors across denominational lines sharing the love of Jesus and encouragement with them.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Enduring Journey: Praise and Adoration

(Karen speaking)
The Lord has placed within my heart a desire to know more about Intercession. All my life I have heard about prayer and the need to pray daily but the term Intercession is new to me. As I was reading a book on intercession, this time of relationship with the Lord occurred.

(In studying the meaning of Intercession I found in my NavPress WordSearch information that: Intercession is prayer on behalf of another, and naturally arises from the instinct of the human heart—not merely prompted by affection and interest, but recognizing that God's relation to man is not merely individual, but social. Intercession is thus to be regarded as the spontaneous act of man for his fellowman.)
1 Tim. 2:1
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,

Praise Time with Father and His Answer
(Karen speaking)
While reading the book about Intercession, I began to just praise the Lord for His love and provision. I began to just tell Him how much I love Him and trust Him for our every need. The hospital bill coming in today had Charley and me both seeking Him in prayer just to be sure we heard Him right concerning the finances. Tonight as I praised Him, He began to speak to me and it was as soothing oil flowing into my spirit. Father said, “O My child, I love you very much. I am so pleased with the time you have been spending with Me. I have enjoyed the fellowship with both of you. You are doing so well to stand and trust. As Charley shared with James this morning, I was so pleased. He has been so faithful to tell what I am doing in your life. I know it is easy to look at the hospital bill and other finances and wonder if you have heard Me correctly but you have. Yes, I am providing all your need. Every financial need will be met. Just continue to trust Me and depend on Me. To seek My face and spend time with My Word. You are doing well and I am well pleased. The motor home is coming very soon. Everything done today was another step in the preparation and I will have more for you to do tomorrow. Just keep waiting in faith believing Me as I speak to you. Do not get out of My rest. Stay in My rest.”

(Karen speaking)
(During this season of our lives Charley was dealing with kidney stones that had kept his physical strength weak but his spirit soaring in total trust and dependence on the Lord for healing and for direction concerning the ministry. We continued to travel and touch people’s lives for the Kingdom of God.)

REJOICE!
October 7, 1999
(Father speaking)
You have done well in hearing Me about the board members. They not only love Me with their whole hearts but they know how to trust and believe Me when I speak. They are people of prayer and will give you great encouragement and love. Your time with Me this morning has been wonderful. Thank you for being obedient and receptive, as I have spoken. You are right that your enemy has been trying to disrupt My plans but He has failed because you are staying close to Me. Just keep spending your time with Me and believing Me in all I have said and all will be accomplished soon. Do not worry or fret, I am with you every step of the way. You are hearing Me and being obedient to Me. Continue to seek My wisdom and direction on all areas of the ministry. It is all coming together as I desire and there is more to come. Every day expect and receive what I have for you. I love you both so much and you are My children. Keep telling the story and seeing the reward of your obedience. I am receiving all honor and glory from what you are doing.

Philippians 4:4-7
“Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

No comments: