Seasons of a Servant is a collection of visits with the Lord for the past 18 years as we have traveled with Christ's Kingdom Ministries. Christ's Kingdom Ministries ministers to pastors across denominational lines sharing the love of Jesus and encouragement with them.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Beginning the Journey: PREPARING THE WAY

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20



It is my desire to share with you a thumbnail sketch of the journey my husband, Charles, and I have been traveling for over six years. I do not believe the Lord has yet called me to write the complete story but if in the future He does, then I will have much more to tell you. I will share that we began to see the hand of the Lord in this portion of our journey in 1992 when He took Charles into full-time ministry and away from a job where he had worked for 26 years.

First, A Helps Ministry

Charles and I became a team working side-by-side 13-15 hours a day in a helps ministry in which we organized and ran a warehouse full of donated items. These items were then given to those in need through agencies, ministries and churches. For 5 years we worked in this ministry, seeing the hand of the Lord at every turn and watching lives changed by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Lord taught us love, compassion, patience, perseverence and joy. He began to birth in us the ministry that we now are fulfilling with His help all over the world. We spent many hours visiting with pastors and church leadership as we helped them love and encourage people with great physical and spiritual needs.

Second, a Missions Ministry

Then the Lord placed us in a church setting using Charles as Missions Pastor. Father sent him to Mexico and El Salvador to preach, teach and encourage pastors.

Third, Christ's Kingdom Ministries

In the spring of 1999 Christ’s Kingdom Ministries began to become a reality in our life. Father spoke to us about this call and how He wanted us to fulfill it. We began to seek His wisdom and direction. When Father gave direction, I began to create the business cards, the letterhead, the brochure and the newsletter format. What a joy to be totally in His hands and to know that He was answering our prayers for wisdom! He gave the format, and He gave the purposes for this ministry to be in existence.

Travel, Love, and Encourage

He told us that He wanted us to travel extensively, loving and encouraging His pastors. He told us that His pastors are discouraged and leaving the ministry because satan has so deceived them and that they are being lied to and abused by Christian people. He told us over and over: "Tell them to read 2 Chronicles 7:14 and to preach this to their congregation. My people must come back to Me. They must seek My face. They must get serious about their walk with Me. The Christian life is more than a Sunday service. It is a life and an abundant life at that."

"Send Me"

So we said to our Lord just as Isaiah said: "Here I am, Lord, send me." Yes, Lord, Yes, to Your will and to Your way. Praise the Lord for His goodness, mercy and grace in our lives. We rejoice in all that He is doing through this ministry for, you see, this is not our ministry, this is His ministry. We are His messengers and He is our strength, our wisdom, and our Director. Here is our story of His conversations with us as we have traveled this road together — Jesus, Charles and me.

**Names have been changed to protect the privacy of those involved. kt


chasnkt@worldnet.att.net

No comments: